Summer Skin Safety
Summer is here and that means plenty of time outdoors. Before you head out to the beach or golf course, know your sunscreen. You want a sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB and has antioxidants in it. UV exposure from the sun increases the risk of skin cancer, premature skin aging and other skin damage. Antioxidants protect your skin from sun that penetrates through your sunscreen. So, which sunscreen is right for you?
– Apply to face, neck, and décolleté daily
– Apply to face, neck and décolleté on days that you plan to be outdoors; golf, tennis, boating, gardening.
La Roche-Posay Ultra Light Anthelios SPF 60
– Apply to face, neck and décolleté. This sunscreen is recommended for patients that have had laser resurfacing in the past 6 months. *Shake well before use
La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 60
– Apply to body; reapply after 2 hours or after swimming, sweating or toweling off.
Summer Skin Safety Tips
– Limit your time in the sun; especially between 10am and 2pm
– Wear long sleeved shirts and pants
– Wear a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses
– 80% of UV rays get through on cloudy days. Wear your sunscreen year-round, no matter the weather.
– Water resistant sunscreens needs to be reapplied after 80 minutes to remain protective