A question I am often asked, “In what sequence do I apply my skin care treatments?” Believe it or not, there is a proper order for applying products. Ideally, you should allow 15 minute intervals between steps.
- Optimally you will clean your face twice daily with the Clarisonic brush using a cleanser of your choice. We recommend using Glytone Mild Gel Cleanser (glycolic acid) twice a week.
- The first product applied to clean damp skin is TNS Recovery Complex or TNS Essential Serum. The Recovery Complex is a Fall/Winter treatment and the Essential serum is a Spring/Summer treatment (includes antioxidants). This serum is a protein that builds collagen without irritating the skin. Dispense 1 pump to the back of your hand and dab the serum with your fingertip around the eyes and mouth. Gently tap the serum to the upper and lower eyelid (just above and below the eyelash line) and out towards the crow’s feet area. Continue with this gentle tapping around the mouth out towards the nasolabial lines and spread the remaining product into the neck. One pump allows sufficient coverage; extra pumps are unnecessary and wasteful. Use morning and evening.
- Follow this with a hydrating serum. We recommend SkinMedica HA5 or Eau Thermale Avene Hydrance Serum. Apply to a damp face sweeping gently over the entire face, neck and décolleté. Use morning and evening.
- The next product is a skin tone brightener such as Lytera. Apply daily to damp skin sweeping gently over the entire face, neck and décolleté.
- Moisturizer should be applied to the entire face, neck and décolleté in a gentle sweeping motion.
- Sunscreen should be worn daily, even if you don’t plan on leaving the house. SPF 30 for everyday use and SPF 50 for planned outdoor activity; golf, tennis, boating, gardening. We recommend Total Defense and Repair by SkinMedica, as it contains antioxidants. The SPF 34 is available in tinted or non-tinted.
- Once you institute a treatment plan, you may find the hydrating serum and/or your sunscreen provides enough moisture. If this is the case, eliminate the moisturizer.
** Skin Medica Retinol Complex will help reduce fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. This
product is applied in the evening and would replace your TNS Recovery Complex. Apply to
damp skin around the mouth sweeping out towards the nasolabial lines.
Bear in mind that every patient has different skin. My nursing staff is available to develop an individualized skin care treatment plan that will best suit you. Prysi Cosmetic Surgery is proud to offer extremely competitive pricing on Skin Medica products- contact us today for more information!