Dr. Prysi performs breast implant revision surgery, which commonly involves removal and/or replacement of saline or silicone breast implants. A revision can be done to change the size or type of your implants or to correct any complications from your primary breast augmentation. His overall goal is to restore your youthful breast contour and appearance.
When to Consider Breast Revision
- Your saline breast implants have deflated, or an X-ray or MRI suggests your silicone implant has a shell leak
- If you want to change your implant/breast size
- If you have tightening of the scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture) or your breast implants have shifted in position
- If your breast tissue has changed as a result of skin stretching or weight loss/gain
- When implants are placed above the muscle in women with small breasts or thin breast tissue, they may be noticeable, or there may be rippling.
- Your implant has shifted to the center of your chest, creating a “uniboob.”
- Gravity and aging have altered the size and shape of your breasts
- You should have undergone a breast lift with your initial augmentation, but didn’t
- You are unhappy with the results of previous surgery due to poor implant placement or other aesthetic problems
Dr. Prysi will need your surgical records from your first augmentation when he meets with you for a consultation in his Naples office. He will discuss your individual situation, and devise a treatment plan to address the issues you are experiencing.
If you have concerns regarding silicone implants, your fears are unfounded. Today’s silicone gel implants are nothing like the ones that caused problems a few years ago. Today’s gel implants are much safer and are designed to mimic real breast tissue.
Dr. Prysi will make small incisions in the skin under your breast, or in your armpit, and place your new breast implants under the skin and tissue of the breasts. Breast implant surgery takes about 45 minutes under general anesthetic and can be done on an outpatient basis. You can expect to be back at work within a week, although you should avoid heavy lifting for about two weeks. You can resume physical activity in two to four weeks.
After surgery, you will regain a youthful breast shape with improved symmetry, whether you choose to increase or decrease your breast size.