“Mommy makeover” is a catchphrase that involves a combination of body contouring procedures, implemented together to mend the physical changes that stay long after pregnancy. In order to address common issues encountered by women who have been through pregnancy and breastfeeding, plastic surgery techniques are designed to restore a woman’s pre-pregnancy body. It has no set procedures and is customized according to the needs of the patients.
Components of a Mommy Makeover
The major changes after pregnancy and childbirth are observed in the breast and abdomen regions of the body, as the breasts enlarge and eventually sag and decrease in volume after lactation is inhibited. The abdomen supports the baby throughout pregnancy by stretching skin and muscles, which do not always regain their position after childbirth. Mommy makeover often includes breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, tummy tuck, and liposuction.
Breast implants are a solution for saggy breasts as it adds volume, while breast lift improves the shape of the breasts by lifting them. Breast reduction surgery is provided to the mothers who want to reduce breast size due to back and neck problems. Mommy makeover might also include Brazilian butt lift, arm lift or thigh lift. Mommy makeover might be performed in one single operation or over a few sessions of operations as recommended by the doctor.
Things you must know about Mommy Makeover
- After a mommy makeover, your surgeon might keep you under observation for 24 hours. The rest of the recovery process can be accomplished at home.
- One to two weeks post-surgery can be tough when you experience bruising, swelling, and discomfort. So, you must rest during this time with no exertion.
- You might need the assistance of a family member or a friend at home as you rest and recover.
- You will be provided with pain medication to manage discomfort and will be unable to drive during this time.
- The complete results of a mommy makeover might take about 6 months to 1 year after the swelling has diminished.
- Heavy lifting, including lifting children must be avoided for at least 6 weeks.
- Smoking delays wound healing by decreasing circulation, which would ultimately hinder the results of surgery, so you need to avoid active and passive smoke.
- Stick with your gym routine after a full recovery to elongate the duration of mommy makeover results.
- Mommy makeover is a combination of surgical techniques, so choose the best and highly experienced plastic surgeon to deliver the safest, more effective results.
A mommy makeover will return your confidence and pride, so get ready for it!
To learn more about the mommy makeover procedure and to start customizing your treatment plan, contact our office today!